Header

Llama Wanderings

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning?

I was in China. Teaching kindergarten aged children English.

I went to breakfast on September 12, and overheard others talking about a plane crash. Ok, I thought, plane crashes are bad. It's a sad thing. And that was it.

I got back to my apartment and turned on the computer to check my email, and chat with my Mom like I did every morning. I had a ton of emails asking if I was ok and safe. I still did not have a clue what was going on. My Mom's email just told me she needed to talk to me.

My Mom got on chat and then told me what had happened.

The group I was with spent the morning listening to a live stream on CNN, we couldn't get the video portion to work so we just listened to the audio.

I still had to teach kindergarten that day. I have no memory of what we did.

I was so numb.

We will Not Forget!




Remember on Patriot Day

No comments:

Post a Comment