Header

Llama Wanderings

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Getting to South Dakota

I have to admit that I was pretty shocked at the state signage along the highway.

I seem to remember growing up that on road trips we saw signs of 'now leaving such and such state.' Apparently I made these signs up or they do not exist anymore, because we didn't see a single one while on our big excursion. Here are the state signage on our way to South Dakota.

The mandatory photo of the driver from a bored passenger. I have a few of these photos with Dave sticking his tongue out at me, but I thought I'd post a nice photo of him before I get into the 'fun' photos of him from our trip. :D
Lulu decided how far between rest areas we could make it. Her bowels decided to throw a pyrotechnic party all the way to South Dakota. So Millikins had one end covered and Lulu took the other end; but hey, at least our girls are sharing...right? Oh, and there was still the minor thing of having to feed a 6 month old every few hours. It helped with the drive to break it up so often. We stopped in some interesting places because when Lulu needed to eat there wasn't always a nice rest area available. Dave made use of a bush a few times, but us girls were more civilized and waited for the official rest areas.
I was the smart one on this trip, I made Dave put Lulu in her carseat. By the end of the trip when ever Dave would pick her up from me feeding her she would start fussing and crying; obviously this is early in the trip. :D

We found Paradise in Montana. It was just down the road to the left.

It was only 24 miles out of our way to make it to PARADISE!

We didn't make it though.




And we arrived! :D

I have over 2,000 photos to shift through.

I'll be posting more soon of our trip there and our adventures while there.

Hang in there with me, we'll get through this trip together. Then we'll move on to our current adventurous oh so exciting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment